Backdraft excluder

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Backdraft excluder
From: FunE4MG <FunE4MG@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 18:58:44 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Gang,
While walking home from school today, I was passed by an old SL model
Mercedes, and it had a screen in place behind the drivers head to keep the
wind from buffeting the driver from behind...here's my question:
Has anyone ever tried to put one of these on a Sprite?
It shouldn't be too hard to build one out of a tubular (conduit) frame and
somehoe attach screen material to allow a rearward view, and yet block some of
the wind. You could install it in the top bow sockets, and in addition to the
wind wings that can be shaved down from an MGA, should make driving the Bugeye
more enjoyable and maybe even relieve the Healey Hair syndrome.
Ideas? Comments?

I await all input, both complimentary and of the flame variety from purists
who say that the wind blown look is part of the mystique....
Cheers,
Tom