Re: Seat Foam (long)

To: dwramsey@worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: Seat Foam (long)
From: BRUCE48127 <BRUCE48127@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 18:19:02 EDT
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 98-04-13 11:10:32 EDT, dwramsey wrote:
<<  My questions are:  Which vendor has the best seat foam for a Bugeye?  Is
 there any trimming necessary?  Are the contours correct?  >>

In a message dated  98-04-15 23:35:35 EDT, bruce48127 wrote:
<<AH Spares, No, Yes>>

In a message dated 98-04-15 23:53:43 EDT, dwramsey wrote:
<<  How about some numbers like, cost,and contact? >>

AH Spares Limited
Units 7/8 Westfield Road
Kineton Road Industral Estate
Southam
Warwickshire  CV33 0JH
England
Tele 01926 817181
Fax  01926 817868

If calling from the US, drop the zero and add the international access code
and the country code.

You can also reach AH Spares through a Robert Hill at gbd52@dial.pipex.com no
known web page.

Catalog  07.02.97 lists them as item XUPY150 Foam Seat Cushion Mk1-Mk2 at
19.50 pounds each (exclusive of V.A.T.).  Don't know what shipping would run,
as I got mine when I was there and carried them home.  They take plastic.  If
you order anything from them, ask for a price list (about 5 pounds), its a
great read.  I have been dealing with them for about 5 years now. Very nice
people to deal with, and I have been happy with everything I have purchased
from them. I have probably spent $2500 there to date, about 60% big Healey
stuff, 40% Sprite stuff.  Maybe I'm just lucky but, I have never paid a cent
in duty (3 LARGE shipments & 3 times carrying items back).  On my last order,
they quoted me a price of 60 pounds (about $100) shipping, then they sent me a
note after my order was shipped saying that the shipping was cheaper and
crediting 25 pounds to my credit card.  IMHO, Nice people who know the cars,
and the parts.  No personal interest in the business, etc. etc.

Someone is probably bringing over the same item and selling it here in the US.
But, I have no idea who, or at what price.  Ordering items from overseas can
get very expensive with shipping and/or duty, be sure to calculate these into
your price comparisons.  It is often only beneficial with a large expensive
order, or a small light item.  While seat foams are very light, they are
bulky, and shipping could be quite high.

Bruce Gearns