Roller bearings

To: "Don Racine" <don@minimania.com>, "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Roller bearings
From: "Larry and Sandi Miller" <millerls@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 18:09:13 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Still having problems trying to install the roller bearings. Could not get
them on far enough with the spacers installed so tried without the spacers
and it makes no difference.  At 35 ft lbs. torque the hubs will not turn and
the back of the slot in the castle nut is still out past the outer edge of
the cotter pin hole. No way is this going to work.

The axles are new and the bearings are new, all purchased at Mini Mania,
only the hub is original.

When I remove the hubs, the inner bearings stay on and will not budge. Any
thoughts on how to get the bearing off without destroying the bearing and
the axle, or at least the axle?  Anyone ever cut a wheel bearing with a
Dremel? Are they too hard?

Guess I will have to chunk the rollers and try a set of originals.

TIA

Larry Miller