Re: Spridget Statistics/re-birthday

To: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Spridget Statistics/re-birthday
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 17:59:15 -0500 (CDT)
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
You wrote:
>Larry Macy
>78 Midget (Birthday 20yrs old TODAY)

One giant leap for my 76 Midget today. Got a couple of P4 Pirelli's on
it to replace the flats and rocked it in 4th gear a couple of times and
w/ not much effort at all the engine turned for the first time in 16
years. I'm sure the can of rust blaster I emptyed into the cylinders
(thru the plug holes) last friday had a lot to do with the relative
ease it took to break it free from it's many year sleep position. Next
thing is a change of oil and filter and then see if the starter feels
like being woken up. I love this stuff but am really worried about how
excited I get while playing under the hood of this cars. Eileen (wife)
thinks it's just ain't natural and still trying to find the right
moment to tell her about the Midget following me home.

In other MG news: Adam's (son) was spray last evening and today and is
being reassembled as I'm typing this. Looking for it to be out of shop
on Friday. Looks Great ! but I'm beginning to have a hard time finding
things that haven't been replaced. Still got to do the engine (again).
That what up around here. I'll be look around for people from the list
this Saturday at Britfest in Dover, NJ. Most likely have the 75 Green B
over there, keep an eye out.

Safety Fast,
David Deutsch
Membership Coordinator