Mitsubishi Alternator

To: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Mitsubishi Alternator
From: "Daryl May" <mayfam@sprynet.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 20:11:06 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
There is no question that Listers cannot answer?

I have fitted my Spridget with a Mitsubishi alternator off of an unknown
year Mitsubishi truck, and it's mechanically nicely-installed.  The
Spridget has NO electricals at present, so I am having to build up the
system from scratch.  So, in asking where the alternator wires go to, I
need to request patience.

The alternator has the following output wires:

A.  A large terminal on the back
B.  A small connector which houses three wires: B1=white with black stripe,
B2=black with white
        stripe, and B3=all white.  The A and B notation is mine, not
Mitsubishi's.

Can someone tell me where these connect up in the car?  I need answers
like: A goes to battery positive, B1 goes to ignition warning light, etc.
And is the alternator grounded through its mounting, or?

I cannot use answers like this at present:  A goes to the left terminal on
fusebox (since I have no fusebox).

Yes, I realize the Mitsubishi dealer is another route for this. But this
route is more friendly!

Daryl