Re: Monterey Car Meet

To: Matt Liggett <mliggett-receive-spridgets@elise.kiva.net>
Subject: Re: Monterey Car Meet
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 12:51:31 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
On 24 Apr 1998, Matt Liggett wrote:
> This happened to me last year.  Thought I'd have to pull the head.
> Tightly twisted bailing wire makes a very good hose clamp and is easy to
> fit on there without pulling the head.  Be careful that you tighten it up
> evenly around the diameter of the hose.
>
> If you are really patient, you can undo a hose clamp and slip it in
> there, but it is much harder to get the strip lined up with the slot and
> screw in those quarters.

Right before getting to a british car meet in Phoenix AZ, the little
hose busted on my car.  I found that a great temporary fix is to use about
a foot of garden hose and connect the whole foot.  It makes a large loop
next to the head (kinda like a trumpet), but is easy to install w/o
rmoving the radiator.

                                                           '67 Sprite