Monterey Car Show

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Monterey Car Show
From: "Larry and Sandi Miller" <millerls@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 15:50:22 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi All

The Monterey car show is turning into a pretty good event. It's called the
Monterey show but is actually held on Lighthouse Ave. in Pacific Grove.
There were over 170 cars this year and the spectators were pretty heavy now
that it's no longer held in the far rear corner of a shopping center parking
lot.  I was very disappointed with the square body turn out, two MKI sprites
and one round arch Midget.  The nine Bugeye's (two from this list)helped
temper the disappointment though.  Next year's event is going to be the 1st
and 2nd of May.  All you west coast people should think about putting us on
your list for next year.  Not many places in the world better to spend a
weekend at than the Monterey peninsula.  The Miata powered Bugeye was here
and it goes like hell. Blew me away going down the freeway. The only strange
part of the installation was the gear shift lever, it kind of looked like a
Cobra.  The shifter comes through the tunnel back between the seats and had
a long shift rod bent down to within about one inch of the tunnel and
extended forward to near where the shifter should be on a Spridget and then
curved upward. Rick and Carolyn Walters (from this list) won an award for
most obsessive theme (they have a thing about frogs it seems).  Anyway, a
good time was had by all and I hope to see more of you here next year,
especially the square bodies.

Larry Miller