1500 Thermostat Plug

To: Spridgeteers <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: 1500 Thermostat Plug
From: Adrian Jones <AdrianJones@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 21:55:48 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Folks,
                 Today it was noticed that my 1500 Midget had decided to
leave more than it's usual amount of bodily fluids in the parking lot.
Further inspection revealed that the plastic plug on the thermostat housing
had undergone binary fission,  ie the top part was just sitting there with
no visible means of support and the threaded portion was still threaded
into the housing but, unfortunately, not preventing the loss of nice green
coolant outside the barber's shop.
                Is it worth a visit to Lowes to see if they have anything
to fit. I assume I would look in the plumbing department - it takes a
13/16" wrench but the thread size is unknown.  Or should I just cough up
the 10 groats Moss Motors wants and wait for a replacement.

Regards,   Adrian