Re: Oil cooler fit & cleaning

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Oil cooler fit & cleaning
From: "Matt Liggett" <mliggett-receive-spridgets@elise.kiva.net>
Date: 3 May 1998 21:18:48 -0000
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Mike Gigante wrote:
> The problem is that if you use a second hand cooler of unknown history,
> nasty bits still in the tiny passages of the cooler can make their way
> out and straight into critical parts of your engine. They may later be
> trapped in the filter but it is probably too late...

My point exactly.  Compare the price of a new oil cooler to the price of
your most recent rebuild.  I suppose one could plumb a filter downstream
of an unknown oil cooler, but that work could be as costly as a new
cooler.
--
<mml@pobox.com>                                              Matt Liggett
                                  '60 Mini, '70 Midget, '89 SAAB 900t SPG