[no subject]

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
From: "Noel, William M" <noel@BATTELLE.ORG>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 12:25:41 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I have two really dumb questions on my '72 Midget.  I replaced the wiring
harness.  But, the turn signal flasher unit had been jumper-wired with one
wire soldered directly into the turn signal assembly.  The other side was
connected somewhere else.  I disconnected the somewhere else side end before
I recognized what it was; and now I can't figure out how the $^*&$@ should
be connected correctly and where it should be located.  The two questions
are:

1)  Where should the turn signal flasher be mounted?   Right now it is just
hanging from a wire where one side of the wire is soldered directly to the
turn signal assembly.  The unit that is there does not have any brackets or
anything that appears like it should be mounted somewhere, I assume it is
some generic replacement.

2)  The flasher unit must be located somewhere behind the dash because I
have, I think, identified all the other connections, but the schematic I am
working from does not show a flasher, or I cannot identify the flasher on
the schematic.  So where should the two wires be connected?

Another question which is possibly not so dumb.  Yesterday, after more than
a month of searching for an intermittent lights gremlin, I finally decided
to disassemble the lights switch.  On several previous occasions I had
checked the switch and he switch showed good continuity.  However,
intermittently either the head lights, parking lights, or both would not
work.  I didn't think the problem was in the switch but I was grasping for
straws.  I'm pretty sure the problem was the internal contacts on the
switch.  I cleaned the contacts, reassembled the switch and now, at least
for a whole day,  all the lights work every time.   I now do not trust the
switch and since I am a newcomer, I am wondering where the most reliable
source for a new switch would be, since I have heard that some of the parts
suppliers parts do not last long,

Thanks for the help.  I am so glad I found this list.  It has been an
immeasurable help for a beginner like me!

Bill Noel
noel@battelle.org
phone (614)424-4917
fax (614)424-3152