turbocharging a 1275

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: turbocharging a 1275
From: "Matt Liggett" <mliggett-receive-spridgets@elise.kiva.net>
Date: 11 May 1998 21:53:41 -0000
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Has anyone in the US built a turbocharged 1275?  Seems like a simple,
cheap way to build a fast, tractable motor if racing classes are not an
issue.  If autocrossing were a concern, my guess is a turbo would put one
in prepared, so would not be a good option for a street/autox car.  But
for pure street...

Any experience welcome.  I saw a webpage for a chap who did this using
junkyard parts from an MG Metro Turbo in the UK.  We never got Metros
(let alone Metro Turbos) here in the US, so this is not really a viable
option.
--
<mml@pobox.com>                                              Matt Liggett
                                  '60 Mini, '70 Midget, '89 SAAB 900t SPG