Gas pedal

To: Mymgmidget@aol.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Gas pedal
From: ric_bergstrom@juno.com (Richard L. Bergstrom)
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 19:07:34 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I had the "organ Style" pedal in mine and hated it.  Sloppy hinges and
linkages.

Later 1275s had a pedal with a fixed pad and no silly hinged linkage.
Maybe after 1974 or so?  You could scrounge one or make your
own...........

I made a small (about 1" by 2") aluminum pedal which I bolted to the end
of the lever.  After some judicious bending I got it in the right place
with the proper amount of travel.  It now sits perfect for heel and toe
and with a little practice you can blip the throttle to match speeds and
actually get the tranny into first without stopping.

It is very sensitive now and responds to very slight changes in pressure.

  (do this on a tranny that in't in great shape..if you aren't a natural
you'll leave a mess of swarf inside the gearbox.  It sounds real bad
too!)

Ric Bergstrom,  Richmond,  VA
1973 Midget  1275    '88 240 Volvo   '92  F150    '74 Midget  1275
(apart!)
Central Virginia MG Classics, AMGBA, VMSC