Re: '76 Midget Brakes - not fully "releasing"

To: cfiddes@direct.ca
Subject: Re: '76 Midget Brakes - not fully "releasing"
From: Chris Kotting <ckotting@iwaynet.net>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 17:09:12 -0400
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Chris -

Leave the calipers alone.  The probablility is beter than 95% that it's
the rubber brake hoses.  If the caliper was stuck, you wouldn't have
gotten squirted when you opened the bleed nipple.  The "squirt"
indicates that something in the system is keeping that pressure in the
caliper.

If you want to be sure, crack open the fitting to the front line by the
master cylinder.  If it sprays frake fluid, the master cylinder is hung
up somehow.  (Check your brake light switch to make sure it isn't
screwed in too far.)  If it doesn't spray brake fluid (or just dribbles)
it's the rubber hoses.  Replace them all at once (if one's bad, they're
all questionable).

Chris (feeling like I'm talking to myself) Kotting
ckotting@iwaynet.net