Sprite Rush

To: Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Sprite Rush
From: BUG GUY 61 <BUGGUY61@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 09:50:35 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
In one of Amy's posts she  mentioned a Sprite with  wheel bearing trouble
during the rally.  Well, that was me.
I want to thank all those who came to my assistance and turned a major problem
into a minor inconvinience.  Before I'd even gotten out of the truck that came
to trailer my Sprite back to the Embers I'd gotten two offers of replacement
bearings.
What a group!!!
I want to thank the driver of the recovery truck and his friends who came to
help (I'm sorry but I've forgotten your names already, I guess I had a few
things on my mind)
Your efficiency and good humour made me feel completely at ease.
And what can I say to Jack Merryman and his mechanic Jay?  These guys know
their Sprites.  I just wish they were about 500 miles closer to me to care for
my car regularly.  Thanks a lot guys.
If you live anywhere near Carlisle talk to these people (717 633 6083)  you'll
be amazed.
By the way, the front bearings broke up because they were installed BACKWARDS
by a professional shop here in the Toronto area.  If the bearing had let go
during the autocross or coming down the mountain things would have gotten
interesting really fast.
Rick and Cindy, if you read this I'd like to thank you once again.  It was
great.  Hopefully it won't be another five years before we meet again.

Ron