Sprite Spree 2003

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Sprite Spree 2003
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 22:34:51 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Spridgeteers

With Sprite Rush 98 behind us and a wonderful memory, now is the time to look
forward to 2003 and the 45th anniversary of our little cars.
Yeah I know, I am a Spritenut but with proper planning and head butting, 2003
could be even better then Sprite Rush 98 if that is possible.

1st... If you would like to be on the committee, contact me. There is a
manditory once a year meeting which co-insides with the import nationals at
Carlisle every May.
If you have an idea, speak it!

2nd... What about a major tech session? Like actually doing a 5 speed conversion
at the meet.
I would need help with this one for sure.

3rd... A chris cross rally route where Sprites pass Sprites many times and not
because they are going the wrong way.

4th... A drag race. Ah, now we're talking but not your typical drag race.

5th... If you are related to or are yourself in a business that would benefit
the meet in any way, talk to us. Kevin Valentine (professional photogragher)
donated his time, equipment, lab, and talents to photogragh every car at the
meet. Why? Because he wanted to. Any proceeds Rick makes from selling the
pictures will end up back to us in one form or another. Rick is definately "Not
For Profit"
In fact, Rick looses a lot of money when he puts on these events, he trys to
keep the costs of registration down but there are a lot on "incidentals" that
pop up like rooms and meals for special guests, hospitality suites, awards,
printing, mailing, etc.

6th... PRE REGISTER!!! It takes a lot of front money to do this, last minute
registration takes time and causes confusion. If something comes up and you can
NOT make the meet, I'm sure we can return your money, just don't ask the day
after the meet, give us a month or so. Or better yet, let your pre reg fee pay
for a last minute entry and have that last minute entry reimburse you.
The honor system plays an important part here but since we are all Spridget
owners, it should work.

7th...Volunteers to take on whole tasks, A Rally Master, who plans, lays out,
runs, and tallys the rally. A Funkana person, same thing, plans, sets up, and
scores the event. Autocross person, Drag race person, Where to dine person, Tech
crew, Regalia, and so on. one man can not do it all!

Ok, I've spoke my mind, I won't say much more on Sprite Spree 03 for a few more
years.
Think about it. Talk to your buddies, bang your heads together, let's all make
03 even better then Sprite Rush 98 even if a lot of us will need canes and
walkers by then.

Still on cloud nine
Frank Clarici

--
Frank Clarici                         Toms River, NJ
Too many LBCs