RE: 40 Years Today - Happy Birthday?

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: 40 Years Today - Happy Birthday?
From: Chris Kotting <ckotting@iwaynet.net>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 07:59:00 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
So, if you reckon the "birthday" as the announcement to the public, then
the Sprite and I share a birthday (except I'm a year younger)!

I spent the 17th at a British car show here in Columbus, Ohio.  I was the
first Spridget there, out of the 40 or so that showed up.  Beautiful
weather!  Temperature in the 80s, low humidity (for Columbus anyway),
absolutely clear skies.  Good assortment of MGs (an SA, 30 or so T-series,
about that many MGAs, the 40 or so Spridgets were mostly MG, and a whole
herd of Bs).  The Triumph folks were also out in force (which was good for
me, because I've got a truckload of Spitfire parts I need to get out of the
garage).  Lotus was also well represented by a clutch of 7s, an Elan, a
Europa, and a vintage race 11.  The show is getting bigger and better every
year.  In a couple of years here, they're going to have to find a bigger
venue.

If you're going to be in the Central Ohio area next year on the third
weekend in May, come check out the show!  Friendly folks, pleasant weather,
and beautiful cars (most of which are actually DRIVEN!)  You can e-mail me
if you want more info.

Happy Birthday Frogeye, and all of your descendants!

Chris Kotting
ckotting@iwaynet.net

On Sunday, May 17, 1998 9:47 PM, BUG GUY 61 [SMTP:BUGGUY61@aol.com] wrote:
> According to John Sprinzel's book "Spritely Years" he got his first
Sprite on