Gasoline Fumes & Neighbors

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Gasoline Fumes & Neighbors
From: Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 00:39:52 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Here's a poser.  I'm trying to head off a bad scence with my downstairs
neighbor.  We live in a condo where each building has 4 units, 2 downstairs
one floor jobbies and 2 upstairs 2 floor units.  We live in the upstairs
unit and our garage is under our downstairs neighbors are a nice family.
I'd like to keep them from breathing my fumes =or= demanding the sale of my
baby.

Here are a few things I'm going to try:

1) Get the carbs looked at professionally.  I'm still not certain I've got
it tuned right and the leaks all completely stopped.  Plus there are some
pretty bad looking gaskets here.

2) Have the pros look at my fuel system.  I know, all MGs are going to have
some gasoline smell, but it wouldn't hurt to see if all is in order.

3) Weatherstrip the door leading from my garage to the hallway central to
all 4 units...the smell is pretty strong here and I think it's my biggest
problem.

4) Think about buying an air purifier for the garage.  Anyone with any
experience with something like that?  Do they work?  Do they cost a fortune?

Any other ideas?  Thanks for any suggestions.

Philip
Burgundy 1974 Midget