rough running midget

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: rough running midget
From: robert weeks <robert@woozy.com>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 22:25:07 -0400
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
esteemed listees,

My Midget had been running great for the last month or two since I put in
new rod bearings and made a number of other repairs. But tonite as I was
going out for dinner with my SO the car suddenly started running really
poorly. At first it started bucking like it was only getting gas in spurts,
then it ran fine for a few minutes and then started bucking again. Pulled
over to the side of the road and it took a half hour to get it started
again. Once started it won't idle, just sputters and dies. I have gas to
the carb (Weber DGV) and spark at the plugs. The dizzy, points, wires,
plugs, rotor, cap, points, rockers, and fuel pump are all new. The fuel
filter isn't clogged. The guy with the Flatbed (I hate it when that
happens) said it sounded like a bad batch of gas. Last time I fueled up was
two days ago at a Shell station.

Any ideas? I'm stumped.

TIA,

Robert