New Choke Cable and Head Rests

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: New Choke Cable and Head Rests
From: Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>
Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 19:21:01 -0400
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Just changed the choke cable in the Midget.  Whew!  Two paragraphs or so in
the Haynes manual does not begin to sum up the frustration of geting behind
that dash fascia.  I was in the passenger's seat, upside down, feet higher
than where my head usually is.  :)  Ah, but it's in, looks nice and
operates nicely.  Need to get a new accelerator cable in too as it is in
bad shape near the throttle shaft.

Head rest question:

Using WD40 and a hammer I finally loosened the old split headrests in the
'74 Midget.  Got the worse looking driver's side out and replaced with the
newer one I got at MG T's.  Looks super.  However, loosened the other
enough to pull all the way up until it hits the tabs that hold it in.
Holding it in too well.  :)  Any tricks to this process or do I go back to
the WD40 and hammer?

Thanks,
Philip
Burgundy 1974 Midget