Hot Damn!!!! (was Still stumped)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Hot Damn!!!! (was Still stumped)
From: robert weeks <robert@woozy.com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 21:26:40 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Well I'd had a day of work I'd much rather forget, and really didn't want
to drag my sorry butt off of the couch to try once again to see what was
wrong with the Midget. But I forced myself to rise to the ocassion. Since
I'd pulled apart and replaced everything but the Weber, I figured it was
time to attack that. As soon as I got it apart the problem became plain as
day -- the needle valve assembly had come unscrewed and was forcing the
float down! 10 minutes later it was back together and running like a top!!

There is absolutely no feeling in the world that can compare to that moment
when you figure out just what is wrong with you car, fix it, fire it up,
and go for drive!

Thanks so much to everyone on these lists who offered help, suggestions,
and support. You are the best! 20 years ago when I had my Sprite there
wasn't anything like this you could turn to for help. I certainly
appreciate it.

In the year that I've had this Midget I had a broken axle, burnt valves, a
wiring fire, low oil pressure from shot bearings, dealings with a really
bad mechanic, this mystery breakdown, and who knows what else. But I
wouldn't trade one minute of it for anything! (OK -- I'd trade the bad
mechanic, that was a $3000.00 mistake that I'll never make again)

Thanks again to everyone,

Robert Weeks
Durham NC
1969 Midget