Re: SPAX shocks

To: Peter Samaroo <mrbugeye@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: SPAX shocks
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 08:53:10 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, mikeg@vicnet.net.au
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Peter,
I don't think that kit is being imported.
Winner's Circle sells a similar kit using Carrera shocks.  The shock
mounts to the axle strap top mount and to a bracket under the axle.
I am planning to do a similar thing on my car and have taken some
measurement.  The problem is you need some shocks that are very short but
have fairly long travel.  I am not sure yet that I can find such a shock.

The WC is between $200 and $300 with the adjustable shocks.
Ulix

On Thu, 28 May 1998, Peter Samaroo wrote:

> Thanks Mike,
>   The ads for the kit from frontline spridget state that the shocks are
> almost vertical has anyone tried these and are they better?
> They list for 155pounds UK. Does anyone import this kit into the US?
>
> >From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
> >To: "Peter Samaroo" <mrbugeye@hotmail.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
> >Subject: Re: SPAX shocks
> >Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 10:44:21 +1000
> >
> >I have the Spax kit from Mini-Mania. In all honesty I think it is a
> total
> >waste
> >of time. I've gone back to standard armstrong shocks with 40wt fork oil
> and
> >it is significantly better.
> >
> >The problem is the mounting angle - it is 45 degrees or worse. It
> basically
> >doesn't do much damping at all.
> >
> >I'm playing around with other schemes to remount the Spax, until I get
> it
> >right I'm staying with armstrongs.
> >
> >Mike

                                                           '67 Sprite