Transmission problem

Subject: Transmission problem
From: Tyson Sherman <tsherman@tecinfo.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 1998 20:07:57 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I finally got around to reconnecting the transmission on my 72 Midget
(the rough one).  The driveshaft was removed, but now it's back
together.  I don't have a slave cylinder either (removed). I have it,
but it's beyond repair.  The transmission is stuck in reverse, but
rowing the lever doesn't seem to help as it doesn't feel like a regular
transmission lever (I can't find any gears); and it's nothing like
moving the lever in my 76 B or 74.5 GT.

The starter turns the engine, but it also rolls the car in reverse.
What would cause the tranny to be stuck, and do you think that getting
the slave cylinder back on would help since the shift lever feels so
bad. I have a local parts source for used transmissions if need be.  Is
that the way to go?

--
Tyson Sherman
http://www.tecinfo.com/~tsherman