Re: Overdrive in Midgets?

To: "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@icx.net>
Subject: Re: Overdrive in Midgets?
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 1998 15:18:58 -0400
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
J. Adrian Barnes wrote:

> I have never heard of (that I can remember) anybody talking
> about "overdrive" in a Midget, and now for some reason, I
> have heard about it twice in one day from two different
> unrelated sources.  Seems you have to add some post-1975
> Triumph parts.  What's the story?

  You can put a spitfire O/D tranny in if you do some modifications
to add more clearance.

  The mods are essentially a new crossmember and some sheetmetal. It
mechanically works it just doesn't fit.

  There is a kit available from the UK that includes the new crossmember
and patterns for the sheetmetal mods.

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
tboicey@brit.ca, http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/