Re: Nut Splitter Usage

To: Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>
Subject: Re: Nut Splitter Usage
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 1998 01:25:57 -0400
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Philip Hubbard wrote:
> Once I get one side of the nut split, what is my next step?  Will I be able
> to remove the nut at this point or do I need to turn the nut around and
> split the other side?  I'm hoping no since that is double the work.  <chuckle>

  You can, and you'll probably choose this after you get a bit
faster with the nutsplitter.

  You can also insert a cold chisel into the slot and choose a
side, then hit it with a hammer. That will often break the
rust seal and the nut remnants can be shaken off the bolt.

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
tboicey@brit.ca, http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/