rear suspension questions

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: rear suspension questions
From: "Evangelos G. Makris" <emakris@hol.gr>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 1998 12:22:23 +0300
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I am about to replace one leaf spring, my gas shocks
or go back to lever dampers at the rear.

1. What are the torque  settings for all (or most) fasteners
in the rear suspension? - they are not mentioned in my Haynes.

2. (Naive question): can I replace a gas shock absorber
(spax conversion) or a lever one with the car standing
on its wheels on steel ramps? I could provide extra support
with a jack to prevent the leaf from compressing too much.

3. Regarding the leaf replacement, should I renew all the
rubber bushes, rubber pads, locknuts, spring washers, etc?
What else should I renew? (please don't say the whole car!!!)

Thank you
Evangelos
66 Sprite HAN*