Re: Horns

To: "spridget list" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Horns
From: "Dustin Howarth" <howarth@pulsenet.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 10:31:14 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Jeff Sharpe wrote:

> For what it's worth, both of my horns were sick - one dead, the other
just
> 'acked' at me.  The 'ack' was a positive sign to me, so I tore them
apart.
> By cleaning the internal contacts with a burnishing tool and contact
cleaner
> (duh) I was able to bring them back to life.

If by 'Ack' you mean a little spit of a sound, then that's what my 'bad'
one is doing.  It sounds like power is getting to the horn, but the note
doesn't sound.  Does that sound like a candidate for disassembly ans
cleaning?

> I currently have the two horns tuned to resemble a startled moose....

Being from southwestern PA, I don't hear many moose -- just what does a
moose sound like when startled?!

Thanks for all of the replies.  Not many responses about availability of
spare horns, should mine not respond to cleaning.  Anyone?  Anyone?
Buehler?

Dustin Howarth
'73 Midget 'Margo'  GAN5UD128862 G
howarth@pulsenet.com