A/C certification...

To: Nory@webtv.net
Subject: A/C certification...
From: "S. L. Hower" <howersl@mailexcite.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 06:29:41 -0700
Cc: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Nory,

I was in a situation similar to yours recently
with my 92 Honda Accord (low R12 charge, but
otherwise functioning system).

I was also frustrated, so I did some research
and found that it is a simple process to become
EPA certified to handle these refrigerants.

For $12 and about an hours worth of your time,
you can receive your very own EPA section 609
certificate that will allow you to purchase either
R-12 or R134a in less than 30lb containers.
(assuming you can afford the tax on it ;-)

Call 703-713-3800 and request a copy of the
"Refrigerant Recovery and Recycling Quiz".  They
will send you a 7 page booklet and a multiple
choice (open booklet) quiz.  The quiz is easy.

Send the answers and $12 back to them and,
assuming you pass, you get you own certificate
that will let you buy and use R12 and 134a (also assuming you have the
necessary equipment and
training to use it).

Good luck...

--Scott