Stainless

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Stainless
From: CONAN@RALVM8.VNET.IBM.COM
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 98 00:07:02 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
  Wow! What a can o' worms! :-) :-)
  So the concensus, between public and private notes, seems to be...
  Stainless steel is good for things that do not get much loading,
do not get a lot of movement/rubbing against other parts,
do not get bolted and unbolted much.
  In other words; -mostly- only use it for cosmetic or light-duty items
that need to stay pretty.
  There apparently is an "aircraft grade" of stainless available, but even
this is not good for heavy service.
  Have I've misinterpreted or just plain missed anything here?
  Looks like I will -not- being using it to replace bolts in rust-prone
areas after all. ;-)
     Ed in NC