Re: Grade 8 vs Grade 5

To: ric_bergstrom@juno.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Grade 8 vs Grade 5
From: GuyWeller@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 17:14:42 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Not too sure about this grade 5 and grade 8
Have always understood (in UK) that there were "standard" and "high tensile"
bolts.
Do you think these match your 5s and 8s ?
Have been rebuilding my sprite with all new zinc plated bolts from one
automotive parts supplier which I was sold as high tensile so I hope thay are.
Have just checked a handful of different sizes for markings.  They all have
either a circular depression in the centre and "UNF - FBL - S" around the
head, or  a flat top with three radial dashes and a letter "L"
Are these international markings ? what do they mean ?

Guy