Re: BugEye Bonnet

To: Mike Gigante <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Subject: Re: BugEye Bonnet
From: YourName <jburruso@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 10:01:02 -0800
Cc: YourName <jburruso@pacbell.net>, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Thanks Mike.
>From the responses I got from folks who have used fiberglass bonnets It seems
that virtually no one is satisfied with the fit and finish of what's there out
on the market.  This brings up plan "B".
Does anyone out there have a success story about redoing a steel bonnet.  The
one I have is repairable but it is tweaked.  Frank Clarici gave me some good
tips about strengthening the bonnet structure but the big question is...how do
you regain the original contours of the bonnet?  Do you fit it to the car or
do you bang out the general shape and then do the fine work with the bonnet
mounted?
Thanks In Advance
Joe Burruso