Re: Tires ... etc !

To: chuckc@ibm.net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Tires ... etc !
From: "Editors, Molecular Vision" <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 14:22:56 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
At 1:08 PM -0500 6/18/98, Chuck Ciaffone wrote:

> Jeff,
>
> Thanks for the help!
>
> What size socket will I need to pull the hub?
> It's a little bigger than the 46mm VW hum socket
> I have lauying around.
>
> chuck
>
> --
>
> chuck ciaffone chuckc@ibm.net

There is a big keyed washer that sits inboard of the big nut. It has one
side folded flat against a flat of the big nut. This keeps the nut from
spinning off. You need to carefully chisel the bent washer back off of the
nut. The nut should then be pretty easy to unscrew. I used a pair of vise
grips, but only because they were the only thing I had big enough to get
around the nut, plus my nut was  in bad shape and I was going to replace it
anyway.

Again, you may not need to pull the hub. Try replacing the O-ring and paper
gasket first.

Jeff

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision