Re: Bead Blasting

To: William M Walters <billwalters2@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Bead Blasting
From: Valentine <valntine@postoffice.ptd.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 11:28:58 -0500
Cc: Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
William M Walters wrote:

> I've read several letters about bead blasting instead of sand blasting.
> I understand it is much safer for bodywork  and I want to try it on my
> Bugeye.  My problem is that I don't know what size of compressor to get.
> I plan to use my compressor to do general painting and pneumatic tool
> operations.  Can anyone make a suggestion?

Bill,

I have 4 HP compressor with a 20 gallon tank and I find that it works
very well for most applications, but I frequently need to stop and let
it catch up when I am sand-blasting or sanding.  Blasting and sanding
use more air than painting and impact opperations.

Depends on how much you want to spend....

I saw a 5 hp model that comes with a tool kit at Walmart, at a very good
price. The tools probably are not terrific quality, but the compressor
is a brand name and has a good warranty.

Respectfully,

Kevin Valentine
63, 71 and 74 Midgets