Re: Bugeye wheels & tyres...

To: RMiller930@aol.com
Subject: Re: Bugeye wheels & tyres...
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 21:48:38 -0400
Cc: Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
RMiller930@aol.com wrote:

> Posted this earlier, but no replies...anyone have any thoughts +/- about a
> larger (14"?) wheel and lower profile tires on a Bugeye???  If so, do any of
> the Mini-Lite lookalikes use the same bolt pattern in a larger wheel???  Has
> anyone done this, and what have been the results???
>
> Rod Miller
> 59 Bugeye(now rightside up)
> 72 TR6 (son's car)

Rod

I know they do this on the Minis all the time.
They go from stock 10" wheels to 13" Sprite wheels with 205/50s on them.
I'm sure a 14" chevy 4 lug rim will work with a 205 profile tire.
I had 205s on 13" rims and the car looked ridiculous, sort of like a
rubberband for a tire on the rim and a whole lot of space between the
wheel and the fenders.
Just check exact tire heights for 14" rims before you buy them.

Good luck
--
Frank Clarici                         Toms River, NJ
Too many LBCs