gulp valve

To: "spridget list" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: gulp valve
From: "Dustin Howarth" <howarth@pulsenet.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 1998 06:32:31 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
hi all -

well, i finally figured out what was giving me lots of popping and
backfiring between shifts and when backing off on the throttle.  With help
from a local midget expert, the culprit has been identified as none other
than ... the gulp valve.  My first thought was "what the hell is a gulp
valve?"  but it does appear the be the problem.  Now, the next problem is
that moss wants $75 for the piddly little thing.

A few question:

1) the car runs great when the hose from the air pump to the gulp valve is
disconnected.  Are there any performance or other consequences of
disconnecting this hose?  How about the vacuum line from the gulp valve to
the top of the distributor?

2) does anyone have a (functioning) gulp valve from a parts car or
de-emmissioned 1275 that they would like to help me out with?

Thanks,
Dustin Howarth
'73 Midget 'Margo'  GAN5UD128862 G
howarth@pulsenet.com