Re: Bugeye Bonnet Installation

To: Bob Frato <bobfrato@bright.net>
Subject: Re: Bugeye Bonnet Installation
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 15:50:20 -0400
Cc: "spridgets@Autox.Team.Net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Bob Frato wrote:

> What's the easiest way to re-install a metal bonnet on a bugeye?  Should
> I attach the hinges to the body and then attach the bonnet to the hinges
> or the other way around?  How many people does it typically take?
>
> Thanks
>
> Bob Frato
> 59' Bugeye

Bob

I have done this many times. With the hinges still attached to the car I
get inside the engine compartment (engine out of course) while 2 people
place the bonnet on the car (put a few towels over the cowl to prevent
scratches) From inside I install 2 bolts in each hinge, crawl out and
try thr bonnet. when all is adjusted right I put in the remaining bolts.
This way there is no chance of scratching fresh paint unless your 2
buddys on the outside are clumsy.
If the engine is inplace, 4 people make the task easy from the outside.
2 on each corner near the cowl, one holding it up in front, and one
installing the bolts.

Good luck
Frank
--
Frank Clarici                         Toms River, NJ
Too many LBCs