Re: Ignition Wires and British Car Day

To: Mymgmidget@aol.com
Subject: Re: Ignition Wires and British Car Day
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 23:59:47 -0400
Cc: Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Mymgmidget@aol.com wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I want to replace the ignition wires on the Spitfidget(?) tomorrow.  What
> wires does anyone use for their 1500?  I think they are 7mm wires.  Will an
> old Chevy, Ford, or Dodge set work ???

  I have a fondness for using "fitted" wires instead of generic, because
the lengths are all correct and it really neatens up the engine
bay. I don't show my engine bay much, but it makes maintenance
easier.

  I ordered the "proper" set via Moss, and have been very
pleased. You can probably get the same set cheaper at a local
auto parts store.

  The Midget 1500 is a good candidate for this because of the
widely varying wire lengths. For example, one spark plug wire (#3?) is
only about five inches long, but some are many times longer.

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
tboicey@brit.ca, http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/