Instrument questions

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Instrument questions
From: "Leo Speichinger" <ldsp@flash.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 1998 22:03:15 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi everyone: Hoping someone can shed some light on a couple of issues that I
just noticed.
(1) Rebuilt all of my gauges then noticed while going over the standards
that something didn't match. My RPM gauge pt# is RN 2351/03 has gold face
with black letters and black center , my speedometer pt# SN 6155/21, same
coloring as the tach.
the standards say that they should have black faces and the pt# should be
tach pt# RN 2351/02 , speedo# SN 6155/10. I talked to the PO who had the car
since 1965 and he said that those are the gauges that were in the car when
he purchased it and he had no reason to believe that the owner before him
had ever changed out anything. Could they have been sent from the factory
that way and how could a person verify this ?

thanks
Leo