Re: 1275 Head Dilemma

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, endicott@nashville.com
Subject: Re: 1275 Head Dilemma
From: "Peter Samaroo" <mrbugeye@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 04:51:30 PDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Check the head for warpage and worn valve guides while it is out, take a
good look at the block where the head studs go in and if there is a
ridge of pulled up material around the threads put a slight counterbore
on them or this will stop the head from seating properly.
You might want to remove the valves and check for buildup on the backs
especially the exhaust side.
Regards,
Peter.