Fulcrum Pin Bushing Replacement

To: Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Fulcrum Pin Bushing Replacement
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 08:49:52 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I am bogged down with a couple of problems right now.  One of them, Krinkle
painting, is being addressed in another correspondence.  This one has to do
with replacing the front suspension bushings.  I have used acteylene to break
the old silver solder holding the old wornout fulcrum pin bushings in place,
and, using the old fulcrum pins to maintain alignment,have silver soldered the
new ones in place on the lower suspension wishbone.  Both sides.  Only problem
is that the new fulcrum pins nor the bushings have no wear, therefore the new
pins go in only with a bind--they won't seat properly.  Anybody have any
ideas.  One person suggested that I get a tap and die and tap the new bushings
out to accept the new pin.  I am a little reluctant to do that.   Should I
rebreak the new solder and re-align them/  Or tap them?  Or is there another
procedure?

--David
        '67 Sprite MKIV, Vicky