More Fuel Gauge

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: More Fuel Gauge
From: Jason Urban <jurban@pond.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 08:07:08 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi!

OK, I measured the resistances at points on the fuel sender.
Full - ~10ohms
Half - ~45
Empty - ~90

Figuring there was at least a variance in resistance, I checked this
connected to the fuel gauge.  At Full on the sender, the gauge reads Full,
but at empty on the sender, the gauge sits around half.  This makes sense
with the resistances posted before, since half was around 90ohms.

Is this a problem with the sender??  Are there any parts that can be cleaned
or fixed inside the sender or just get a new one??

Also, the fuel gauge has the PN BF2300/02.  Am I looking at the wrong number
for the gauge??  If this is the wrong part, can I use this one??

That's a handful of questions!  This should be the last project before
Encounter!  WooHoo!

Jason.

|    Jason Urban - APOGEE LABS  215-699-2060     |
|    CA Studio  www.dynanet.com/~crackerarts     |
|  '95 Z/28 6spd  '65&'67 Austin-Healey Sprites  |