Head By-pass !

To: Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, Majordomo@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Head By-pass !
From: GuyWeller@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 1998 12:16:36 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
This could have been brain by-pass!
I have just found that the short metal tube fixed to the head in my 1275
Sprite, that the rubber by-pass hose fits to, is badly coroded and I am pretty
sure won't be water tight under pressure.  There is not really enough of it
left to get a hose clip around.  Can it be replaced, or is the head now a
total reject ?
If it can be replaced any advice on how to remove the remains of the old one ?
Is it a screw in fitting, or an interference fit of some sort ?
I am loathe to chuck the head which has been reworked etc

Anyone done that ?

Guy