Something neat going on!

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Something neat going on!
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 07:42:29 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hey my friends and fellow LBCers:

Just want to pass this along in case there is any interest.  It is not really
a Sprite/Midget function, but it could easily become one for those of you in
some driving proximity of East Tennessee.  Approximately 80 (rough estimate)
miles northwest of Knoxville is the little historical community of Rugby, TN.
Rugby is a bona-fide English community established by 2nd sons of well-to-do
English families in the 1800's, and at some point dwindled out.  It has since
been restored and stands as a beautiful, quaint community and visitor's
attraction.  There are a couple of Bed & Breakfast's there, one of which, the
Grey Gables B & B, I and the wife, Paula, have visited frequently.

Not far from the Grey Gables, going west, probably 12-14 miles, is the
Highland Manor Winery, the oldest winery in the State of Tennessee.  Pretty
good wine, I must say.

 On September 12 there will be a coordinated effort between the gourmet
cooking of the B&B and Highland Manor Winery.  Paula and I have attended since
its beginning several years ago and really enjoy it.  The cost is $150 per
couple, and includes appetizers (if at the winery you get a winery tour), a
wonderful many-course gourmet meal, all with different wines produced by
Highland Manor, dessert with Muscadine wine and live music, the night at the
Inn, and a big country breakfast.  Really well worth the money.  If you wish
to make a weekend of it, the cost for Friday night the 11th isnt bad.  Last
year I led several of our party on a short hike in the nearby Big South Fork.
We all had a lot of fun.  I just sent the following info out to those who had
expressed interest previously:

~~~~~~~~~
If you are really interested in attending the Harvest Dinner at the Grey
Gables B&B on September 12 call Linda Brooks-Jones, the Innkeeper as soon as
possible and make reservations AND send $50 deposit.  Her telephone number is
(423) 628-5252.  Address is:

        Ms. Linda Brooks, Innkeeper
        Grey Gables Bed and Breakfast
        Highway 52, Box 52
        Rugby, TN 37733

If you are interested, let Linda know as soon as possible as spece is limited.
I am picking up my latest acquisition, a 1979 Midget tomorrow or Tuesday.  I
hope to be driving it "home" to the English community on the 12th.  Hope to
see some of my LBC buddies there too.  Thanks.

----David
        1967 Sprite MKIV, aka, Vicky
        1979 Midget, aka, ?