Re: Lucas joke, no LBC content

To: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Subject: Re: Lucas joke, no LBC content
From: Peter <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 10:53:22 -0700
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Geeesh... hate to be the defender of Joe Lucas here but, corrosion on 20+
year old terminals is not his fault. My '89 Camry has/had corrosion after 2
years such that the automatic seatbelt dingus doesn't retract and I can't
lock or unlock all my doors from driver's side. A $300.00 harness will fix
it (not).
Nor necessarily is the quality of the switches for which he is blamed his
fault. Maybe its the case of a BL engineer/purchasing agent saying "we want
horn,flash,turn and wiper all on 1 stalk...... and we won't pay more than
$5.00 for it." And Lucas designed and built it. (probably for a buck
three-eighty)  Ask the T**umph folks about Lucas' competitor Clearhooter
sometime. Anyway, all I'm saying is go easy on Lucas. Though the jokes are
fun.
Cheers,   Peter
        (How 'bout an Innocenti with a Carello heater made under license from
Smith?)

>Oldies but goodies snipped<

>Lucas wiring seems to fight against me when I am trying to fix
>things in my midget.  For example the brake light don't work.
>Find that the problem is the switch, now only one brake light
>doesn't work.  One step closer but not fixed.  Same thing for the
>turn signals.
>
>       1.  They don't work.
>       2.  Clean the hazard switch, now both sides light but don't flash.
>           One back TS light does not light.
>       3.  Clean the turn signal switch.  Now one side flashes, the other
>           side does not flash, back light still out.
>       4.  Clean more connectors and they all light and flash, but very
>           slowly.
>       5.  Clean more connectors and the flash rate increases.
>
>These electric things seem to fight you every step of the way.  I am
>beginning to believe that they have a mind of their own.

Peter Caldwell
1 very rough Innocenti
(the Sprite with an accent)
among other LBCs and 4WDBCs