Re: FS: Original Equipement TONNEAU COVER...

To: robert.harding@abq.com
Subject: Re: FS: Original Equipement TONNEAU COVER...
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 22:01:40 -0400
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
robert.harding@abq.com wrote:

> NO>Can someone clarify this information?  I don't think a '68 tonneau will
> NO>fit all the way up to a '74, because of the headrests on the seats of
> NO>the '70-'74 cars ('68 didn't have them).  Right?
>
> NO>-NORY
>
> You are probably correct...the tonneau cover for '68 most likely will
> not fit a Sprite with the high head rests or maybe any head rests as the
> '68 AH-Sprite had no head rests.
>
> Bob
> Albuquerque

For what it's worth....
67 had it's own unique tonneau, it did not have the 2 velcro strips.
68 was the same but with 2 velcro strips in place of the last tennex
fasteners.
69 started with headrests but the 69 had taller headrests then later
Spridgets, thus it's tonneau had taller pockets. (I have one of these)
70 and up are the same.
And I'm still looking for a non headrest 67 or later right hand drive
tonneau.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ