Painting the engine compartment

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Painting the engine compartment
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 22:21:00 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I am about to exchange my original 1275 (that has aged very gracefully but
is definitely ready for retirement) with a 1380cc motor.
At this time I want to paint the engine compartment which was not painted
when the exterior was done.
I could brush the paint on, but am doubtful about the resulting quality.
I don't have a compressor and have never painted before, so I was
wondering if one of those Wagner electric paint guns would work for this?

Has anyone tried this or any other tips?

                                                           '67 Sprite