Re: 1979 Midget

To: Lancer7676@aol.com
Subject: Re: 1979 Midget
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 17:15:22 -0400
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Lancer7676@aol.com wrote:
> Any ideas?  One very knowledgeable mechanic told me to replace the electronic
> ignition with a points distributor.  Like to hear from you guys as to what to
> try.

  Put the timing light on and rev the unit through the range. See
if the distributor is advancing and retarding properly. Often
the inside of the distributor gets grimed up and stuff
sticks. Just needs a cleaning.

  Depending on the model, you should see advance up at least
25-30BTDC with moderate revving, and it should drop smoothly
back to where it was.

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
tboicey@brit.ca, ICQ #17432933