Thin mirror material

To: "Sprite List" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Thin mirror material
From: "Jeff Church" <jchurch@exis.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 18:59:19 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi all,
I received a very nice NOS gift recently for my '59 Bugeye - a rear view
mirror.  The mirror came in it's original box and packing and is perfect in
every way but one - the mirror is broken right down the middle.  I removed
it last night and noted that the mirror was thin - only 1/16" thick.  No
one, I repeat, no one in town carries the stuff at this thickness.  Everyone
has 1/8" stock.  I've tried glass shops, hardware stores, craft shops, et
al, to no avail.  I even looked to the incorrect later model sprite mirror
currently on the car.  Close, but no cigar.  It is the right thickness, but
the wrong overall size.  Bummer.

With such a perfect overall specimen on my hands, I obviously don't want to
buy a new mirror assembly.  Can anyone out there suggest a source for this
material?

TIA
Jeff Church