Re: Fiberglass bonnets

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@Exit109.com>, "Michael O'Higgins" <roterhed@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: Fiberglass bonnets
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 13:40:08 -0700
Cc: "Spridget Mail List" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I bought a fibreglass bonnet from another large US supplier who does
lots of mail-order stuff. It too was a terrible fit, ill-shaped and the
mould
was made from a bonnet that had poorly repaired accident damage.

The sides stick out, the top rear is too flat, the gap to the sill/rockers
is
way out, some of the glasswork was pretty mediocre.

I've been tempted to make a good mould out of a undamaged NOS bonnet
but it isn't worth it for one bonnet. No-one in Australia seems interested
in a more expensive, but near perfect glass bonnet so the project never
got off the ground.

Mike

Mike