Tranny Oil again (Sorry)

To: "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Tranny Oil again (Sorry)
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 13:50:27 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I know this has been gone over before but usually I didn't have a need
for it.
I am planning on changing the lubricant in the tranny of my 78 Midget. As
I recall the consensus of opinion (if there is such a thing on the list)
was to go with 20w50 engine oil. Now the MG Manual (factory issue) says
90wt for any driving where the temp is above 10F.

Thoughts??

I need to pull and rebuild (bad synchros) but I want to get a few more
weeks of driving before the weather goes cold.

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu