Re: Spridgetech, Inc.

To: Biff Jones <biffjones@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Spridgetech, Inc.
From: rickfisk <rickfisk@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 16:36:24 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I was in Brighton today and thought I would call up Spridgetech, find
out where they are located, and go take a look.  It turns out the guy
that runs it is in Brighton, but their products are manufactured in
Redford Township (a suburb of Detroit).  He also told me they had
shipped the last unit they had in stock this morning so they didn't have
anything for me to look at.

They are mailing me photos and such and gave me prices over the phone.
They offer three different one-piece front ends for the Bugeye.  The
first is a stock appearing unit, with fender beading and radiator
ducting molded in.  It uses the stock hinge mounts and has a steel plate
molded in to take the hinge bolts.  Cost is $550.  The second one is
just like the stock unit except for small wheel well flares.  Cost is
also $550.  The third one is for SCCA racers - no hinge mounts or fender
beading and has wide flares on the wheel wells.  The price is $600.
They also have rear wheel well flares for $95 a pair.

The units sound good and the prices are certainly reasonable, but I
haven't actually seen one yet.  I will send another post when I have
more info.

Rick
'59 Bugeye